Christmastime is quickly approaching, which means Horry Electric is searching for a great Christmas card to send out this year! The Cooperative is looking to make the company Christmas card personal and unique. What better way to do that than by incorporating the children in our communities?
We’re looking for students in kindergarten through fifth grade to create our card. We encourage students to be as creative and colorful as possible, while incorporating our electric cooperative into their Christmas card theme. This could include: Willie Wiredhand (co-op mascot), bucket/line trucks, linemen, employees, power lines, light bulbs, rural area scenery, etc.
Horry Electric will be presenting a $100 cash award to the student whose card is chosen for our Cooperative to send out this Christmas.
- Please include the “Horry Electric Cooperative” logo or “HEC” on the cards.
- Cut-outs or computer designs cannot be used on the card.
- The card format is an 8 1/2″ x 11″ sheet of paper folded in half (5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″). Other sizes will not be accepted.
- Children in K5-5th grade may enter.
- Children will design the front and inside right of the card only.
- ALL entries must include the following information on the back of the card: student’s first and last name, school name and grade level.
Drop-off submissions will be accepted at Horry Electric’s Conway and Socastee offices:
2774 Cultra Road
Conway, S.C. 29526
5889 Highway 707
Myrtle Beach, S.C. 29588
Mail-in submissions must be placed in a sealed envelope and sent to:
Horry Electric Cooperative, Inc.
P.O. Box 119
Conway, S.C. 29528
Attn: Jennifer Cummings
Please submit all cards no later than Wednesday, October 5, 2022.
Horry Electric Cooperative, Inc.
Christmas card contest Enrollment, Competition & Prizes
Official Rules, Terms, and Conditions
1. No Entry Fee Required.
2. Timing. The Christmas Card Competition & Prizes (“Promotion”) begins on August 23, 2022, and ends at 11:59 PM ET on October 5, 2022 (the “Promotion Period”).
3. Overview. This is a submission contest solely intended for Horry County students in kindergarten through fifth grade who design and submit a Christmas card for the 2022 season during the Promotion Period.
4. To Enter. Entrants may enter by designing and submitting a Christmas card that meets the Cooperative’s requirements. Entrants must enter only one submission. Entries submitted in violation of the contest entry rules will not be considered [be void]. All entries become the property of the Cooperative and will not be returned. All entries must be received by 11:59 PM ET on October 5, 2022, the official end date of the Contest Period.
5. Eligibility. Entrant must be in kindergarten through fifth grade at the time of entry, and the Entrant must be a student in Horry County. This Promotion is void outside of South Carolina and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
6. Judging Criteria. One winner will be selected by a panel of judges from all properly submitted registration entries by November 1, 2022.
7. Prize Awarding. The winner will be announced on or about November 1, 2022 from among all eligible entries received. The winner will be notified by phone or in person.
8. Prizes/Odds. There will be one (1) prize awarded: $100.00 (USD) cash from the Cooperative.
a) By signing up, Entrant and parent/legal guardian/teacher warrants and represents that he/she is a student in kindergarten through fifth grade in Horry County;
b) The Cooperative reserves the right to disqualify any submission at any time in the event the Cooperative determines, in its sole discretion, that the submission is inappropriate, not in keeping with Cooperative’s image, or that an Entrant or Submitter has not otherwise complied with these Official Rules, Terms, and Conditions;
c) By claiming a prize, the winner agrees that the Cooperative, and its officers, employees, members, affiliates, agents, and advertising and promotional agencies, [do not have any] have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind related to participation in this Promotion, or from acceptance or use/misuse of any prize offered;
d) Acceptance of a prize shall constitute the winner’s agreement that the Cooperative or its agent(s) may publish/print the winning Christmas card design, use and/or display the winner’s name, address (city, state only), likeness, entry (and content) and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes, without further consideration, except where prohibited by law;
e) You agree to release Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media platform and acknowledge that this promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media platform;
f) All taxes on prizes (if applicable) are the sole responsibility of the winner;
g) Prize is not transferable or assignable.
10. Sponsor. Horry Electric Cooperative, Inc., 2774 Cultra Road, Conway, SC 29526.
Void outside of South Carolina and wherever prohibited or restricted by law.