Is it time to upgrade your water heater? If you’re in the market, consider going electric.
Horry Electric offers rebates for qualifying installations of new, electric water heaters. After signing up for our H2O Select program, install a 50-gallon tank to qualify for a $125 rebate, or install an 80-gallon tank to qualify for a $250 rebate.
Residential members who enroll in H2O Select between August 1 and 4:59 p.m. on August 31 will be automatically entered into a prize drawing for one of five $50 electric bill credits. The winners will be announced in early September.
Click here for more information on our H2O Select program and qualifications.
The limited-time offer is for NEW participants only. The contest rules are outlined below.
Have a water heat that’s less than five years old? You may qualify for a one-time $50 credit on your electric bill through our H2O Load management program. Click here for more information.
Horry Electric Cooperative, Inc.
H2O Select Program Enrollment Competition & Prizes
Official Rules, Terms, and Conditions
1. No Entry Fee Required.
2. Timing. The H2O Select Program Enrollment Competition & Prizes (“Promotion”) begins at 12:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 1, 2022, and ends at 4:59 PM ET on August 31, 2022 (the “Promotion Period”).
3. Overview. This promotion is a submission contest solely intended for members of Horry Electric Cooperative, Inc. (“Cooperative”) who currently are not registered for the H2O Select program, but who purchase and install a new electric water heater (min. 50-gallon/max. 80-gallon) during the Promotion Period. Interested parties (the “Entrant”) may be:
a) an individual member of the Cooperative (“Entrant”),
Entrants may sign up for the H2O Select program after purchasing a new electric water heater, and five randomly selected Entrants will be awarded a $50.00 (USD) electric bill credit from the Cooperative.
4. To Enter. Entrants may enter by installing a new electric water heater and enrolling in the H2O Select program by contacting Horry Electric’s energy management department during regular business hours. Entrants must enter only one submission per account. Entries submitted in violation of the contest entry rules will not be considered [be void]. All entries become the property of the Cooperative and will not be returned. All entries must be received by 4:59 PM ET on August 31, 2022, the official end date of the Promotion Period.
5. Eligibility. Entrant must be at least eighteen (18) years of age at time of entry, and the Entrant must be a member of the Cooperative. Only residential member accounts are eligible to participate. The following are not eligible to participate: a) officers, directors, and employees of the Cooperative; and b) the immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses) of Cooperative employees and household members with whom they may reside (whether related or not); existing members of the Cooperative who are currently signed up for the H2O Select program. This Promotion is void outside of South Carolina and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
6. Judging Criteria. Five winners will be randomly drawn from all properly submitted registration entries by September 9, 2022.
7. Prize Awarding. The five winners will be randomly selected and announced on or about September 9, 2022 from among all eligible entries received. The winners will be notified by phone.
8. Prizes/Odds. There will be five (5) prizes awarded: $50.00 (USD) electric bill credits from the Cooperative. Odds of winning will be based on a random drawing from the total group of eligible submissions.
a) By signing up, Entrant warrants and represents that he/she is a member of a South Carolina Electric Cooperative;
b) The Cooperative reserves the right to disqualify any submission at any time in the event the Cooperative determines, in its sole discretion, that the submission is inappropriate, not in keeping with Cooperative’s image, or that an Entrant or Submitter has not otherwise complied with these Official Rules, Terms, and Conditions;
c) By claiming a prize, the winner agrees that the Cooperative, and its officers, employees, members, affiliates, agents, and advertising and promotional agencies, [do not have any] have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind related to participation in this Promotion, or from acceptance or use/misuse of any prize offered;
d) Acceptance of a prize shall constitute the winner’s agreement that the Cooperative or its agent(s) may use and/or display the winner’s name, address (city, state only), likeness, entry (and content) and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes, without further consideration, except where prohibited by law;
e) You agree to release Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media platform and acknowledge that this promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media platform;
f) All taxes on prizes (if applicable) are the sole responsibility of the winner;
g) Prize is not transferable or assignable.
10. Direct Marketing. By entering the Promotion, Entrant acknowledges that he/she may receive various marketing or other information from the Cooperative or its affiliated member electric cooperatives regarding their products or services. If an Entrant does not desire to receive this information, an Entrant may opt out by calling 843.369.2211 or emailing Service@horryelectric.com
11. Sponsor. Horry Electric Cooperative, Inc., 2774 Cultra Road, Conway, SC 29526.
Void outside of South Carolina and wherever prohibited or restricted by law.