Horry Electric is working hard to encourage members to go paperless and sign up for E-Bill with a limited time offer to new participants. Any member who qualifies and successfully signs up as an E-Bill participant between September 15 and 11:59 PM on October 15, 2021, will be automatically entered into a prize drawing for one of five $50 electric bill credits. The winners will be announced by Tuesday, October 19, 2021.
Signing up for E-bill makes paying your electric bill easier. This means no more trips to your mailbox for your electric bill. It’s a green, easy, secure and convenient way to receive your bill.
When a member signs up, Horry Electric will begin automatically sending your monthly electric bill to the email address associated with your account.
The limited-time offer is for NEW participants only. All member accounts are eligible to participate. The contest rules are outlined below.
The best way to sign up is to visit MyEnergy Online. Members may also call Horry Electric during regular business hours at 843.369.2211 for more information.
How to sign up online or via the HEC Mobile app:
- Log into MyEnergy Online
- You will need your account number and password to sign in
- Click the “My Account” tab
- On the drop-down menu, select “E-notifications”
- Select “E-Bill”
- Select the account you’d like to sign up for E-Bill notifications and click “Continue”
PLEASE NOTE: An email address is required to sign up for E-Bill.
Horry Electric Cooperative, Inc.
E-Bill Sign-Up Competition & Prizes
Official Rules, Terms, and Conditions
1. No Purchase or Entry Fee Required.
2. Timing. The E-Bill Sign-Up Competition & Prizes (“Promotion”) begins at 12:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on September 15, 2021, and ends at 11:59 PM ET on October 15, 2021 (the “Promotion Period”).
3. Overview. This promotion is a submission contest solely intended for members of Horry Electric Cooperative, Inc. (“Cooperative”) who currently are not registered for E-Bill but who sign up for E-bill during the Promotion Period. Interested parties (the “Entrant” or “Submitter”) may be:
a) an individual member of the Cooperative (“Entrant”), or
b) an individual member entering on behalf of a legally-registered organization or association that is a member of the Cooperative (“Submitter”).
Entrants and/or Submitters may sign up for E-Bill, and five randomly selected Entrants will be awarded a $50.00 (USD) bill credit on their next bill from the Cooperative.
4. To Enter. Entrants and/or Submitters may enter online by visiting MyEnergy Online to sign up in the member portal or by calling us at 843.369.2211 during regular business hours. Entrants and/or Submitters must enter only one submission per email address. Entries submitted in violation of the contest entry rules will not be considered [be void]. All entries become the property of the Cooperative and will not be returned. All entries must be received by 11:59 PM ET on October 15, 2021, the official end date of the Promotion Period.
5. Eligibility. Entrant and/or Submitter must be at least eighteen (18) years of age at time of entry, and the Entrant and/or Submitter must be a member of the Cooperative. The following are not eligible to participate: a) officers, directors, and employees of the Cooperative; and b) the immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses) of Cooperative employees and household members with whom they may reside (whether related or not); existing members of the Cooperative who are currently signed up for E-Bill. This Promotion is void outside of South Carolina and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
6. Judging Criteria. Five winners will be randomly drawn from all properly submitted registration entries by October 19, 2021.
7. Prize Awarding. The give winners will be randomly selected and announced on or about October 19, 2021 from among all eligible entries received. The five winners will be notified by phone that the credit has been applied to their respective accounts.
8. Prizes/Odds. There will be five (5) prizes awarded: five $50.00 (USD) statement credits on the member’s next bill from the Cooperative. Odds of winning will be based on a random drawing from the total group of eligible submissions.
a) By signing up, Entrant warrants and represents that he/she is a member of a South Carolina Electric Cooperative;
b) By signing up, Submitter warrants and represents that he/she registered a legally-registered organization or association that is a member of the Cooperative;
c) The Cooperative reserves the right to disqualify any submission at any time in the event the Cooperative determines, in its sole discretion, that the submission is inappropriate, not in keeping with Cooperative’s image, or that an Entrant or Submitter has not otherwise complied with these Official Rules, Terms, and Conditions;
d) By claiming a prize, the winner agrees that the Cooperative, and its officers, employees, members, affiliates, agents, and advertising and promotional agencies, [do not have any] have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind related to participation in this Promotion, or from acceptance or use/misuse of any prize offered;
e) Acceptance of a prize shall constitute the winner’s agreement that the Cooperative or its agent(s) may use and/or display the winner’s name, address (city, state only), likeness, entry (and content) and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes, without further consideration, except where prohibited by law;
f) You agree to release Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media platform and acknowledge that this promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media platform;
g) All taxes on prizes (if applicable) are the sole responsibility of the winner;
h) Prizes are not transferable or assignable, except to a surviving spouse, or at the sole discretion of the Cooperative.
10. Direct Marketing. By entering the Promotion, Entrant acknowledges that he/she may receive various marketing or other information from the Cooperative or its affiliated member electric cooperatives regarding their products or services. If an Entrant does not desire to receive this information, an Entrant may opt out by calling 843.369.2211 or emailing Service@horryelectric.com
11. Sponsor. Horry Electric Cooperative, Inc., 2774 Cultra Road, Conway, SC 29526.
Void outside of South Carolina and wherever prohibited or restricted by law.