- Payment must be received and processed prior to the due date. The Cooperative is not responsible for postal delivery delays. Payments not received by the due date are considered delinquent and service is subject to disconnection.
- All payments received and processed after the due date will be charged a penalty fee of 5%.
- If an account is disconnected for non-payment, the balance due, plus a $40.00 reconnect fee must be paid before the account can be reconnected. For reconnection on weekends and after normal business hours, an additional fee of $25.00 will be charged.
- Deposits are required on all services unless waived, according to board policy. The Cooperative reserves the right to require deposits on existing accounts (waived or refunded) if the member’s account appears on the cut-off list within the first 12 months of service or anytime thereafter, if the credit record necessitates. The required deposit will be the greater of the two highest consecutive month’s bills, or $200.00, and will be automatically charged to your account. Your account will become due and payable on your next bill due date. If the deposit is not paid by that date, service will be disconnected.
- When writing a check, please write your account number on your check to insure accurate posting. Enclose your payment stub with your payment.
- Outside depository is available after hours. Be sure to enclose your payment stub with your payment. Do not deposit cash in the night deposit.
If two returned checks are received within a two-year period of time, the account will be marked as ‘cash only’.
If a member on Bank Draft has two returned drafts in a two-year time period, their bank draft status will be discontinued and the account will be marked as ‘cash only’.
Meters are read and accounts are billed in a cycle of approximately 30 days. Each statement reflects a minimum charge, plus kilowatt-hour use.
For monthly reading, routine maintenance and in the event of emergency, Horry Electric Cooperative requires safe access to the meter at each service location.
To find ways to save on your Home Energy Bill, try our Home Energy Calculator.
Log into MyEnergy Online to view a copy of your actual bill.