Scheduled outages: From time-to-time, Horry Electric’s system requires maintenance that may result in a scheduled and planned outage. We try to plan these at times when there will be the least amount of inconvenience and notify members who will be impacted in advance.
Major outages: Horry Electric emergency crews will be on the job until all power is restored. In an effort to get the greatest number of homes back on as soon as possible, primary and secondary lines will be first priority for the crews and then the lines into individual homes.
Service Interruptions: Preventive maintenance is the best tool against outages, but there are outages caused by acts of nature, equipment failure and even vehicular accidents that are beyond the control of the Cooperative.
- Storm Safety: Be prepared for dangerous weather any time of the year
- Steps to restoring power after a major outage.
- Storm Watch: How to prepare for a major storm.
- Power Outage FAQs
- Repairs you need to make to restore service.
- Basic generator safety
- How to operate a portable generator safely (pdf)
- Street/Security light out?