Community Solar lets you share in the benefits of solar without having to really do anything! We’ve done all the work.
We have built a 240-kilowatt (KW) Community Solar farm across the street from our Conway office on Cultra Road. All eligible Horry Electric residential members now have the opportunity to purchase a maximum of 5 shares of solar power from the farm. It’s a terrific option for members.
Community Solar Advantages
- It’s hassle free. No holes in your roof. No system to set up and maintain.
- The co-op assumes all liabilities and maintenance on the solar system.
- No solar panel cleaning
- No safety concerns
- No burdensome homeowner association restrictions
- Subscriptions are transferable from location to location with the member
- Community Solar creates clean energy that is environmentally friendly.
How it works
- Decide how many blocks of solar power are right for you. If you’d like more Community Solar later and it is available, you can select additional blocks
- Complete the subscription agreement. Then pay the non-refundable upfront charge of $100 per block subscribed. You have the option of subscribing from one to five blocks at the monthly price of $25 per block.
- Start receiving solar-energy credits on your monthly electric bill. Each month, you will receive credit for a portion of the production from the Community Solar farm. Your portion is based on how many solar blocks you have selected.
- Non-refundable upfront charge – $100 per block
- Monthly charge – $25 per block
- Monthly credit – Average of 150 kWh
How much do I need?
Please note: these figures are only averages; solar energy production will fluctuate month to month based on weather and time of year.
Ready to sign up? Just call us at 843.369.2211 and ask about Horry Electric Community Solar!